It is challenging to get everything packed and ready for a move, no matter the size of your household. If you are already contemplating hiring a professional moving company to transport your items, you may want them to also assist with part or all your packing and unpacking needs as well. A full-service moving company can assist with properly wrapping and boxing valuables, such as antiques, china, and art, along with the rest of the things that make your house a home. Using a mover to facilitate the moving process, from start to finish, can save you lots of time, frustration, and headaches during your move!
Hiring a professional moving company that is well-versed and experienced is key to ensuring that your belongings arrive at your new home without damage and in the same condition that they were in when the process began. Cheap Movers Riverside works with companies that have been vetted for the appropriate licensing, bonding, and insurance to ensure that, in the unlikely event that something does happen, it can be replaced with little hassle or expense to you. Get free quotes from Riverside’s top movers and packers now!
Packing & Unpacking Services
Proper packing of your things is critical to ensuring they arrive at your new doorstep without dents, cracks, or scratches. One of our partner moving companies can assist you with some or all of your packing needs, to guarantee your items arrive unscathed:
With a complete packing job, your chosen mover will pack every room in your home. Depending on the situation that you find yourself in, this may be the most economical and most efficient packing method to employ during your move. Full packing services streamline the moving process, leaving you with less to worry about during your transition. The professional movers offered through Cheap Movers Riverside offer full-service options to put your mind at ease.
Partial packing is beneficial if you are nearing your moving date and don’t have the time to get everything done, or you have a few valuable or bulky items that you could use a hand with packing. With partial packing, you designate the rooms or items you need assistance with, and your moving crew handles it from there. Instead of spending hours laboring over wrapping up your fine china or stressing over how to wrap your oversized buffet, you can leave these jobs to trained professionals.
Many people collect art and antiques for display and investment purposes. It is imperative that these collectibles are packed and moved with the utmost care. Hiring a professional mover that is experienced in moving these valuable items will make sure that no harm comes to them, as many times, these items are invaluable and irreplaceable.
Let’s face it – furniture is expensive! It is certainly not something that you want to have to replace due to an accident while moving. Hiring someone who understands how to disassemble common furniture items and manipulate them around tight spaces during a move, will safeguard against breakage during the move. A pro mover can also make your life much easier by reassembling anything that has had to be disassembled for the move.
Packing For Storage
If you aren’t moving your items straight to the next home, you may require short- or long-term storage. Moving companies often have storage facilities and warehouses to safely store customers’ items during their move. A mover can make sure your things are packed, sealed, and delivered safely to storage until you’re ready to receive them.
Unpacking is often the tedious finale to a long, stressful moving process. Even if your belongings were packed and labeled in an organized fashion, it can still take several days to unload everything in your new home. A mover can help you expedite the unpacking process, helping you settle into your new home that much faster.
Tips For Packing For Your Move
Packing properly for a move is essential to a smooth relocation. Here are some tips from moving professionals for packing efficiently:
- Always label in clear and concise language. For instance, make sure that your kids’ rooms are clearly identified on their boxes, along with a description of what’s inside. A description of “Sam’s Room: books and rock collection,” is a lot more helpful than “Kids’ Stuff,” when you’re trying to unpack the new house.
- Make the most efficient use of space as possible. This will ensure that only the time needed to pack and unpack is taken. If space is wasted, you will end up paying more for services and supplies than you had originally planned, and the costs associated with your move will likely end up going over your budget.
- Pick the right boxes. To avoid back strain or a box mishap, it’s essential to not overpack your boxes. While it may seem appealing to put all your books in an oversized box, you may find that it’s impossible to lift! Instead, experts recommend packing heavy items in small boxes. Save your larger boxes for lightweight items, like pillows, towels, or bedding.
- Fill up the boxes. Items are more likely to get broken if your boxes aren’t packed snuggly. Once you’ve loaded a box with the intended items, make sure to add additional padding to fill it all the way up. Crumpled packing paper or packing peanuts will keep items from getting tossed about in transit, reducing the change of something breaking.
- Communicate effectively. This is just as important as the packing itself. You cannot expect a moving company to understand your wishes for setting up your new home if you have not properly communicated your wishes to them. Clear and concise instructions communicated to your professional mover goes a long way in making sure that the job is done right the first time.
All in all, there are many different things to consider when packing and unpacking during your move. A moving company can help ensure these steps are done properly, so your move goes off without a hitch. Cheap Movers Riverside brings you quotes from vetted movers to ensure you hire the best local company for your move! Contact us today for a free moving quote.